Monday, March 25, 2013

Surly Long Haul Trucker - Commuting to work - Been a long time!

Click on the photo to enlarge it.
Surly Long Haul Trucker
Ready for my morning commute to work.
Saturday was the first chance I have had in a long time to commute to work on my Surly Long Haul Trucker. We have had a long cold and wet winter. Cold doesn't stop me. Wet and cold does keep me from riding to work. 

Having places to go in a hurry after work, is what has kept me from riding to work more than anything else. 

The Long Haul Trucker is a true touring bike, but also works great as a commuter bike. Mine is set up with a dynamo front hub. The hub generates power for the front and rear lights. I run the lights even in bright daylight, to improve my visibility to motorists. Having the ability to attach full pannier bags to the rear rack makes bike commuting much easier. I can carry a rain jacket, change of shoes and cloths, and my lunch with room to spare.

I enjoyed finally getting a chance to commute to work. "It's been a long time!" Hopefully I will get to ride into work more in the next few months.


This section of Peace Haven Road had little traffic on Saturday morning, when compared to the amount of traffic it has on a week day.


In the video below, Led Zepplin perform their song "Rock and Roll" in 1973.  In the song they sing "It's been a long time since I rocked and rolled."

No comments:

Post a Comment